Welcome, everyone! Take a seat – yes, there are SEATS now – I have been nominated for The Liebster Award!!!
Something that amazes me is how this blog can still surprise me. I’ve not been paying much attention lately, just been going through the motions, but tonight I noticed that I now have one hundred and sixty followers!! I was so shocked and completely, utterly delighted. I’m so grateful to every person who took the time to read the things I’ve written here.
I’m proud to say this blog is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and all of you are a huge part of that. Thank you ❤
Now, on with the game!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Ask them 10 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
I was nominated by none other than my ultimate source of wisdom and inspiration… (drum roll)… Existential Ergonomics!!! If you haven’t visited this dazzling corner of the internet, you should definitely remedy that. It’s a visit you won’t regret.
- How are you, really?
Truth be told, I’m having a rough time. I can only hope for better days ahead.
2. What character from a book, movie
or TV show is most similar to you?
I’m (or I like to think I am, anyway) pretty similar to the character that Julia Stiles played in 10 Things I Hate About You. Rebel, soft at heart.
3. What movie, picture, or video always makes you laugh no matter how often you watch it?
The first thing that springs to mind is a scene from Sword In The Stone. A die-hard Disney fan, this may be my favourite Disney cartoon. There’s this scene where Archimedes is laughing that always cracks me up. Every time.
4. What are two things you still want to accomplish in your life?
Phew! I have so many things I want to do… for the main two, I’d say:
Travel Europe while living in a Citroën Berlingo.
Have a successful relationship. (Not necessarily everlasting, just… successful)
5. What is your most controversial or unpopular opinion?
Nobody has ever disagreed with me more than my family… so with them, my most unpopular opinion is that Polyamory can actually result in happiness for all parties.
Please, if you meet my mother, don’t bring it up 😉
6. What unethical experiment would have the biggest positive impact on society as a whole?
Taking technology away. The unethical part would be the planes falling from the sky…
7. What’s the most interesting documentary you’ve ever watched?
Ancient Aliens. Really some food for thought. I’d recommend watching it, but only the first five or so episodes. After that it gets weird.
8. What is your favorite word? How about least favorite?
It’s the Swedish word for Fish, and I’m not sure why I love it so much, but I really love it.
My least favourite is Love. It’s such an inadequate word. The Japanese have three different ways to say “I love you” – for family, friends and lovers. I think we should incorporate that into English.
9. What’s the weirdest conversation you’ve eavesdropped on?
Actually, I can’t think of any! I live in a country where I don’t know the language, so I just tune other people out 🙂
10. What is one underrated pleasure?
Swimming in cold water. Specifically, the sea. At night. In winter. In the rain. Seriously, it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for my mental health.
8. Ajax Poetry
- What’s something not many people know about you?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Favourite musical instrument?
- What is your first memory?
- Is there a film, book or song that can always make you cry?
- What is a pet hate of yours?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite thing to write about?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Where are you happiest?
And that’s it for The Liebster Award, folks! Thank you ever so much for reading, and if there are any typos, do sing ’em out!
Ciao!! ❤ 🙂