I relate to this so much, I could almost have written it myself – not as well though, of course!
- You told me that I was your rose, but in the winter you turned your attention to all the other flowers in the garden instead of tending to my fallen petals.
- Perhaps it’s just easier to smile and pretend everything is fine, rather than admit my heart’s a little swollen from losing something that wasn’t even mine.
- I tried to stop loving you so I built walls around my heart and found another name to whisper in the night. But you carved yourself into my veins whether you meant to or not. And sometimes I wonder if you remember the way we looked at each other or maybe you just forgot.
- My heart is not in my body it’s lying under the castle you burned down.
Yet I am still here an empty shell with bloodshot eyes and a fake smile.
- My heart is not in my body…
View original post 147 more words